I had this for lunch today (Breakfast food for lunch is perfectly normal, I know you do it to! No judgement) and it’s amazingly tasty. Like pancakes for breakfast but healthier! I added banana and gingerbread spice to give it even more umph.
1 cup steel cut oats
½ tablespoon coconut oil
3 cups water
¼ cup almond milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Melt coconut oil in a medium saucepan on low heat. Add oats, stirring to coat.
2. Turn heat to medium and let cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (This part will fill your home with the loveliest coconut/oat scent!)
3. Add water and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
5. Pour oats and leftover water into a glass jar. Cover with a lid and let sit overnight.
6. In the morning, your oats will be ready to go! Reheat them in a saucepan, add in almond milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon, and enjoy!
from free people blog, they have the tastiest recipes, and really cute clothes..