OMG, this is pretty much everything I love, carmel, pretzel (any one who knows me can verify the I eat a crazy amount of pretzels) and don’t forget the chocolate brownie. Just look at them! (And they are made out of brownies from a box…. helloo lazy snack, I love you)
Ruth Soukup is my new best friend, thank you for making the perfect brownie!!
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 4 tablespoons melted better
- 1 box brownie mix
- 2 eggs (per the box directions)
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 jar oh-so-easy crockpot caramel or store-bought caramel sauce
- cooking spray
- Place pretzels in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and crush as finely as possible with rolling pin.
- Mix brownie mix with water, eggs, & oil per the box instructions. Add dark chocolate chips.
- Spread pretzel crumbs out on bottom of 9×13? baking pan. Drizzle with butter and mix well until pretzels are coated, then press into a crust on bottom of pan.
- Carefully pour brownie batter evenly over pretzels crust.
- Carefully drizzle caramel over brownie batter in zig-zag motion, then pull a knife through the caramel in alternating directions to create a pretty pattern. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes. (Check box directions for baking time.) Remove brownies from oven and let cool slightly. While brownies are still warm, cut into squares with plastic knife. Let cool, then serve.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
The recipe is from Living Well Spending Less