Skipping school today, reading books, watching Sex and the city and Girls ( I love both shows) somehow you recognize yourself in both series, and there are lessons to learn. I just saw the episode: Anchors Away (Season 5 SATC) and it was just a really good timing, somehow understanding my emotions…
“When you are single and live in New York there is no end to the ways to fill your days. Museums, parks, theaters, concert halls, night clubs and countless restaurants. But one of the most amazing things about living in a city like New York, is that any night of the week you can go to Paris….Joy For Two for one”
Charlotte: What did you last night?
Carrie: Went to a movie
Charlotte: With who?
Charlotte: On Date-Night?
Carrie: Are we still going to call it Date-Night in our fifties?
Charlotte: I would just think that all the people looking at me and think “that poor pathetic girl”
Miranda: Kind of the way I’m looking at you right now
Miranda: You don’t go out alone??
Charlotte: On date-night???
Carrie: You’re never alone in New York, it’s the perfect place to be single… The City is your date.
Miranda: You’re dating the city?
Carrie: I think for about eighteen years.. It’s getting serious.. I think I’m inlove
– – – – – – – – – – –
– – – – – – – – – – –
Mr Louis: Going home all alone?.. It’s rough out there
Carrie: It isn’t that bad
“If Louis was right, that you only get one great love, New York may just be mine, and I can’t have no one talk shit about my boyfriend. A short while later i had a thought — TAXI! — Maybe the past is like an anchor, holding us back, maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be”
This is also one of my favorite songs. there is soul. pain. heart. love. feeling. blues.
Pic: Frome here
So today started pretty early (for me atleast, especially on a saturday..) with me driving my mother to the ariport, at 7:00!
My goal for today is to be really efficient (ehh good luck! I’m extremly inefficient) so I can spend my sunday in bed with a big cup of tea watching Friends. My new addiciton, it’s sooo funny! I can’t belive I haven’t watched it before, I mean I’ve watched Friends. But only random episodes…
But anyway, today I have to:
– Write (or atleast start) my essey for environmental politics.
– Read the book “Silent Ocean” (or as it’s called in Swedish “Tyst Hav” by Isabella Lövin!, it’s relly good but I don’t feel like spending my saturday reading a book about the fishing industry in Europe…
– Clean my house! It’ dirty, and I don’t mean messy. It’s DIRTY!! I haven’t vacuumed my bedroom in ehh two weeks?
– Work out. I’m thinking pilates or yoga, I don’t feel like jogging (jogging in my world means walking fast, and every time some one walks by I run really fast and pretend that’s what I’ve been doing all the time!)
– Work on a presentation! I have to figure out what I want to say… (Ehh nothing, I don’t like to talk in front of people! Especially smart ones who know what im talking about..)
I have to get this all done before five so I can have a life tonight an acutally meet some friends (real ones, not the show).
Wish me good luck!