Holy Moly, I just found my sunday saviour. As I am trying to eat less fats and sugar because of my “hypertriglyceride-something” this recipe is just perfect… and vegan! I found the recipe over here!
1 ripe banana
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
7 slices of sourdough bread, cut in half to make 14 slices (I used a round loaf)
- Mash the banana in a shallow bowl using a fork. Add the soy milk, cinnamon, and vanilla and mix well.
- Heat a pan on medium heat for five minutes.
- While the pan is warming up, slice the bread into seven slices, then slice those in half to make 14 pieces.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray. Dip one slice at a time in the banana-soy-milk mixture, flip to wet the other side, then place on the hot pan.
- Cook on each side for four minutes or until golden brown. Carefully use a spatula to flip the slice since it tends to stick a little.
- Serve immediately with fruit, soy yogurt, or maple syrup.
The nutritional info below is for one slice.