I love cake, there I said it, after seeing my doctor today and getting my results it shows that I have a sweet tooth. So knowing that my body feels like crap after me indulging al kind of pastries and chocolate it is time for me to find healthy alternatives and I just felt that I had to share this recipe with you guys.
- 1 small watermelon
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup of blueberries (**the kiwi and blueberries are toppings. Feel free to use your favorite fruits!)
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Mix the cinnamon with the greek yogurt and put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes (this will make the yogurt better for spreading)
- Slice both ends off the watermelon.
- Lay the watermelon on it’s end. From top to bottom, cut off the watermelon skins.
- Work your way around the watermelon, until you have a nice round shape with just the pink flesh.
- Remove the yogurt from the freezer.
- Lay the watermelon on a plate, and start to spread the yogurt mix onto the watermelon. (Some of the yogurt may start dripping down the sides. Totally fine. At the end you can simply wipe around the edges to make it look neat.)
- Decorate your yogurt frosted watermelon with fruit. Slice it up and enjoy!
**This cake is best when eaten right after it’s prepared. If you don’t plan on serving immediately, place in the freezer for up to an hour to maintain sturdiness.
Find the step-by-step instruction here!
Last year my mom, sister and I made this cake for my older sister who’s studying to become a nutritionist, she absolutely loved it. (Personally I think that our “cake” turned out much prettier, it’s lovely that you can garnish it with your favorite fruits… enjoy)