Vegan Fish Cakes from Vegoteket (the BEST vegan food blog!)
- 4 dl raw red lentils
- 1 garlic clove
- 2-3 tbsp dill
- 2 tbsp dried algee
- 1 tbsp tomato puré
- 3 tbsp maizena
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Canola Oil
- Put the lentils in water for 1-2h.
- Rins and put in a food processor. Add the garlic, dill and algae and mix until a fine paste.
- Add lemon juice, maizena and spices, you won’t be able to taste the mix since the raw lentils give of a bitter taste. But approximately 1 tsp of salt is good.
- Heat up oil in a pan, about one cm and add the lentilmix when the oil is heated. Fry about one minute on each side (Don’t take them out to early, raw lentils don’t taste good!)
- Serve warm, they don’t taste as good cold!