Since I work really odd hours and often during lunch, I need something that is easy and fast that I can eat on the run! Like …. Flapjacks and Larabars! I don’t like to store bought since I find them way to sweet… So here we go ” Apple Pie Larabars” I mean.. who doesn’t like APPLE PIE?
1½ cups walnuts
1 cup dried apples
1 cup dates
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. salt
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and chop them until a paste is formed. Don’t chop them so much that you can’t see little bits of walnuts, apples, and dates.
- Test to see if the mixture binds together. If not, add a couple more dates.
- Transfer the mixture to a 7 x 7 inch pan lined with wax paper. Press down evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours and then cut it into 8 bars.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.