So yesterday Lotte had a grill party, a food feist which was to our delight very successful, there was loads of different types of food and different desserts aswell. And we had the opportunity to use Lotte’s chocolate-fountain! SUCCESS! SUCCESS! For the party I did not only bring chorizo and halloumi (I was supposed to buy stuff to grill) I also brought Sangria, that I made just half an hour before leaving.
Recipe for 6 – 8 people:
- 1/2 – 1 orange
- 1/2 -1 lemon
- 1/2 -1 apple
- 1/2 dl sugar
- 1 bit cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 bottle of red wine (preferably spanish)
- 6 cl brandy eller cognac (you can exclude it)
- 1 bottle (33 cl) soda/soft drink
This is how you mix it:
- Wash the orange and lemon thoroughly and cut them into thin slices.
- Peel and take away the core of the apple and cut it into thin slices.
- Mix fruit with sugar, cinnamon stick and cloves in a large pitcher.
- Pour in red wine and brandyn and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Taste and if necessary add more sugar.
- Let the pitcher to soak in the fridge for at least an hour
- When serving, add soda and ice.
- Stir briefly and serve in chilled glasses.